Finding the right property to rent in Bath can be daunting, particularly when you don’t know the area you are relocating to. We can help you filter your options and provide the best match for you. Having the answers to the questions below will really help us to help you further:
- Date needed to move in by?
- Minimum length of your stay?
- Preferred locations in or around Bath?
- Garage, parking or other details?
- How many beds and baths needed?
- Who is going to be living with you?
- Furnished, unfurnished or serviced let?
- Garden or outside space?
- Budget exclusive of bills per month?
- Student, professional, family, sharer?
Once you have viewed a property and let us know you would like to secure it, the process is as follows:
- Pay the holding deposit to secure the property and take it off the market.
- The referencing agency will email you forms to complete and return to them.
- Assuming you pass all your references, the tenancy agreement will be drawn up according to agreements with both parties, and sent to you for inspection and signature. It must be returned within 5 working days to remain valid.
- We will prepare the property for your tenancy and draw up a schedule of condition.
- All monies due (such as the first month’s rent and 1.5 months’ rent as deposit) are required as cleared funds before you are allowed to move into the property. If you are paying rent upfront, it can take more than a week for these to clear, so be prepared.
- We will agree and arrange a check-in time with you, so you can book your removals.
- We will meet you at the property at the agreed time to go through the inventory, read the meters and help familiarise you with the property.
- You will be left with a copy of the inventory and we will then inform the utility companies that you are the new tenant and provide new meter readings.
- We do not handle any broadband or phone details – you will be responsible for this.
- We give you a useful information pack with numbers to call for maintenance or in the event of an emergency.
- We will provide you with your landlord details if the property is being managed directly by them, or continue to support you throughout your tenancy.
- Happy moving!